Master Black Belt Certification
Master Black Belt (MBB) Certification status represents the pinnacle of business process improvement expertise. This role is typically reserved for top-performing, high-potential Lean Six Sigma Black Belts who have delivered exceptional results. Master Black Belts help shape the future of their company by leading both the strategy and tactics of Lean Six Sigma process improvement activities. This intense four-week certification program helps Master Black Belt candidates achieve an in-depth understanding of Six Sigma, Lean, and Change Management, and equips them to establish and implement process improvement strategies for solving complex business process problems quickly and efficiently. In addition to classroom training, the Master Black Belt Certification program includes 24 hours of individual remote project mentoring and coaching to ensure participants master the Six Sigma methodology and understand how best to apply it in leading their organizations.
The SSA Difference
In order to successfully lead and implement process improvement initiatives, Master Black Belts must also have the ability to teach and implement Lean, Six Sigma, and Change Management methodologies within their company’s specific business framework. SSA & Company’s Master Black Belt Certification course is tailored to both the needs of the individual and the companies they represent so that the Lean and Six Sigma tools and methodologies are aligned directly with an organization’s strategic goals. In addition to building knowledge and skills, the Master Black Belt Certification course addresses the practical leadership and cultural change issues that Master Black Belts face in their role as process improvement experts, and as trainers and mentors to Green Belts and Black Belts.
SSA & Company’s Master Black Belt Certification curriculum also includes one week of Design For Six Sigma (DFSS) training – a Lean Six Sigma-based methodology for designing new products, processes, and/or services that achieve high levels of performance from the initial launch or rollout. The topics covered in this portion of the curriculum include Voice of the Customer (VOC) capture, Quality Function Deployment, requirements flow-down, process capability roll-up, balanced scorecard, invention technologies, and simulation. While Design For Six Sigma is not required for Master Black Belt Certification, it is highly recommended that each student take advantage of this offering.
- Ability to assist organizational leaders in shaping the future of the business and in leading high-level multimillion dollar projects
- An in-depth understanding of Six Sigma, Lean, Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) and Change Management
- A powerful roadmap and toolset to solve complex problems efficiently and effectively
- A practical understanding of how to lead strategic change, manage a classroom, develop a topical module, and transfer Lean Six Sigma knowledge via training and mentoring to Green Belts and Black Belts
- Attendance at first 15 days of classroom training; all 20 days recommended
- Black Belt Certification (attended training and completed at least two projects); proficiency in the core Lean Six Sigma tools
- Windows-based laptop computer with a USB port (participant must have access to the laptop throughout the training)
- Minitab v17 (loaded on laptop prior to attending training)
- Strong facilitation, presentation, oral, and written communication skills
- Prior teaching experience and advanced statistical application skills (optional)
Master Black Belt Certification Price (US): $19,500
Registration Fee Includes:
- Four weeks of classroom training (four one-week sessions, each separated by four weeks)
- 20 hours of project execution support, to be delivered remotely unless otherwise agreed upon; must be used within 12 months from the start of training
- A set of electronic documentation covered during the training
- Certificate of Participation for individuals who complete training
- Master Black Belt Certification for participants who meet certification requirements