Leveraging Operations Data and Analytics to Optimize the Global IT Infrastructure of a Multi-Billion Insurance Firm
Client Background & Challenges
Approach & Analysis
Results & Value to Client
- Defined the optimal infrastructure service delivery approach that considers core vs. non-core capabilities and global vs. regional strategies of execution.
- Rationalized labor sourcing to create better leverage and support infrastructure delivery.
- Standardized processes within the service delivery model.
- Deployed common infrastructure service management tools
- Established global KPIs & SLAs across countries.
- Implemented country-specific tactical enhancements (e.g., better tools, etc.).
Finally, we uncovered new insights from data that helped the firm drive business decisions. For example, our study of each country’s Infrastructure spending by category revealed previously hidden differences in investment priorities and types of delivery models. We also built the firm a normalized measure of cost efficiency, allowing regional Infrastructure IT leaders to accurately compare financial performance across for the first time. This new view allowed regional leaders to accurately compare financial performance across countries and understand the impact of disparate models and processes.
Related Capabilities and Expertise:
More Client Impact Stories:
- Optimizing the Order to Cash processes of a $300 million education company in order to contain A/R
- Driving Performance across the Enterprise for a $1B Truck and Trailer Parts Retailer
- Designing a New Operating Model for the Entire Middle Office of a Leading Brokerage Firm and Redefining Transaction Processing