Director, Oil & Gas
Job Location: Alberta, Canada
Employee Type: Full-time
SSA & Company is seeking a world-class practitioner of process improvement consulting with Oil & Gas industry experience. Primary responsibilities include training, mentoring and coaching Champions, Black Belts and Green Belts as well as executing superior work with our clients by identifying project opportunities and executing deployments. Secondary responsibilities are to support firm activity in new business, developing IP, and other internal initiatives. Initial assignment will be located in Canada.
- Work closely with the client to analyze both their operational processes and financial metrics to identify project opportunities that positively impact the client’s financial performance
- Provide consulting capabilities by working with the client to drive change and ensure successful results.
- Develop a strong understanding of your clients business; identify opportunity areas and projects.
- Act as deployment manager at client companies.
- Conduct training and coaching for Champions, Black Belts, Green Belts and/or Lean Experts.
- Update and enhance SSA’s training materials. Customize materials for clients as needed.
- Assist in the development of new training offerings.
- Hands on and consulting project experience in Six Sigma, Lean and/or DFSS.
- Master Black Belt, Master Lean Expert or DFSS Master expertise required.
- Extensive coaching and mentoring experience required.
- Deep experience in leading process improvement projects.
- Experience in authoring workshop materials.
- Experience designing, developing and authoring training materials in subject matter expertise.
- Experience in implementation of maintenance management systems and programs
- Significant oil & gas or asset intensive industry sector experience.
- BS/BA degree plus graduate degree, mastery of problem solving methods along with strong project management skills.
About SSA & Company
SSA & Company is a leading innovator in operations consulting – helping organizations transform their performance quickly. Our work allows business leaders to achieve measurable, enduring results through more efficient, effective execution. We bring the front line closer to the C-suite by combining deep process operations expertise with financial and management insights. As a result, everyone in the company comes away with a better understanding of how process impacts the bottom line and how their own actions lead to results. Since 1994, we have delivered fast-cycle improvements that have led to increased profits for hundreds of companies. For many of our clients, gains from initial quick wins have provided the capital to fund larger improvement efforts, leading to a self-funding transformation model. We typically do this by focusing on critical business objectives, such as driving organic revenue growth, reducing working capital and risk, enhancing margins and efficiency, and building a stronger talent pool. In addition, through our sister companies – the G100 Network, High Lantern Group and The Miles Group – we enjoy exclusive access to insights on what matters most to CEOs and those senior-most executives who work for them.
We work with the world’s leading organizations, including small and medium F500 companies and venture/PE-backed, high-growth companies. Through this experience, we bring the innovation of high-growth startups to small and medium F500 companies; and the best practices of F500 to startups. We service clients that Our expertise spans across a wide variety of industries including Automotive and Industrial Products, Energy and Utilities, Financial Services, Life Sciences and Healthcare, Private Equity and Venture Capital, Professional Services, and Retail and Consumer Products.
We’ve built a different kind of consulting firm, and that’s reflected in our people. Our owners, former F500 CEOs and top executives, understand what CEOs need. And our management team, seasoned professionals each with 20+ years of experience, understands what it takes to get things done. We hire talented individuals who are eager to learn and stretch themselves in their careers. It’s We are a team of hard working, fun people who are laser focused on making an impact with their clients and the SSA team overall.
We have offices in New York (HQ), Aspen, London, Milan, Munich, Paris, Bangalore, Beijing and Shanghai.
Apply Now: Please submit your resume to email@example.com with “Director, Oil & Gas” in the subject line.